Friday, July 1, 2011

A Fun Friday

Today has been a great day!

I was able to sleep in...I think the 2 benadryl I took last night helped with that :) Then I ate breakfast and had a cup of coffee with my husband. I love mornings when we get to sit around and relax! 

But then it was time to get on with our day. Clay had to take a test online for school, so I decided to work on some projects and stay out of his way. I started painting the shelf that I bought when I was in Pennsylvania. I am hoping to get it done this weekend and then I'll let you see it :)

I also did a couple of smaller projects that I had been thinking about for a while. I had seen both of them on other people's blogs, but I can't remember where they were.

The first one was a candle for the new shelf in the bathroom. 
My supplies were a mason jar...


twine...


and sand.


I wrapped the twine around the top of the jar and hot glued it in place. 


I then put sand in the bottom and added a candle.


I really like it!

My next project was to wrap twine around a frame. 
I found this frame at a yard sale for $0.25.


I wrapped the twine around the sides first and then I did the corners.


I could not remember how the other person had done the corners, so I just experimented. I think they turned out fine.


I put it on the shelf in the bathroom also. I like how it looks...I just can't decide if I need to hang something in it or on it or leave it alone. What do you think? I would love ideas!


After Clay finished his test and I finished my projects, we went out for dinner. We were going to cook dinner, but by the time we finished everything we were too hungry to wait to cook :) We then walked around downtown Hendersonville and got ice cream. There was a band playing downtown, so we stood there and listened and people watched. 

I love date night!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cozy Friday! Your projects turned out great! I love how you did the corners on that frame. Right now, I have no ideas for your frame--too tired to think:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW ABOUT A PIC OF A LITTLE KID AT THE BEACH? MAYBE ONE OF YOUR NIECES OR NEPHEWS
    I LIKE HOW IT TURNED OUT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are turning out great! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usually happens with me, I start reading a post from 'Tip Me Tuesday' then end up reading everything on that person's blog! As I have done now. I started with the shelf and ended up here. I just want to say...I LOVE the way you did the corners on your frame! But I don't think I can figure out HOW you did it. Care to elaborate?

    ReplyDelete