Sunday, July 31, 2011

Baby Shower for "Little House"

Last night, Clay and I hosted a baby shower for our good friends, Tim and Kim House. Clay and Tim have been friends for several years, and I have gotten to know Kim better since their wedding. They are a very sweet couple and great friends!


We had a co-ed shower....I'm not sure about how all the guys felt about that :) But we decided that it was a good time for all of our friend to get together. Josh Conner doesn't look too excited about the idea.


I decided not to use pink....since there were guys there :) I looked online for decorating ideas and I really liked the clothesline idea. I found green and yellow onesies with matching bibs that I thought were really cute. So, I used twine for the line and attached the clothes with clothespins. I think it turned out cute!


I also saw a lot of banners when I was looking for baby shower ideas. Many of them were made out of fabric. I don't have a sewing machine, so I made one out of paper. I used the printer to make the letters and then attached them to various colors of scrapbook paper. 


I was going to punch holes in the paper and string it up with ribbon, but then I decided to see what it would look like with the clothespins. It worked and matched the other clothesline...and it took a lot less time :)


For food, we decided to just keep it simple - hamburgers, hotdogs, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, and chips.


A friend, Carolyn, brought the cake. It was made in Ohio State colors just for Tim :)


The only thing I spent time making was a watermelon baby carriage. I had seen one at another baby shower and decided to try it. I looked online and found a good website that explained how to make it.

Here is the fruit that I chose to use.


First, I carved a piece off the top to make the shape of a carriage and then scooped out the watermelon. I do not have a melon baller so I just used a measuring spoon. It worked, but the watermelon pieces did not come out in nice looking balls. So, next time I will probably go buy one :)


I made a scallop template to carve the edges. And then attached the grapefruit wheels with toothpicks.


The handle is made out of the piece that was taken off in the beginning, and then I added the fruit. 

Here is the finished product!


To accommodate the guys at the shower, we did have the corn hole boards set up outside. They actually didn't stay outside as much as I thought they would. And I think the girls played more then they did :) We only played one baby shower game...also to accommodate the guys.

The last thing on the agenda was for Tim and Kim to open their gifts.


They received some great things...including this book from none other then Josh Conner :)


The baby shower went well. And it was great to spend time with friends!

5 comments:

  1. The carriage looks great! Love it that their last name was House. Do they live on a Prairie;)? You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No...they live in the mountains :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great for a co'ed baby shower. Everything looked wonderful. Cake looked delicious!! The baby carriage is Beautiful!! Good job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had such a good time Katie! You are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I love the baby carriage ! and the clothes lines were really cute. Like Kim said your the best!!

    ReplyDelete